Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why Everyone Needs a Gucci Girl

I just returned from L.A. where I made the mistake of making an impromptu visit to a Gucci boutique in Beverly Hills. I say impromptu because I hadn't fully intended to stop.. I mean, it was on my radar screen.. Okay FINE. I was dying to try on a pair of tall boots that I've been eyeing since August. Obsessed would be a better term. This is all beside the point. Once I walked in, I met this angel named Ashley. She's my age, lives near the beach, and has been working at Gucci for the past year. Angelic she was with her long flowing dark hair, light complexion, and when she spoke, it was like a chorus of cherubs singing from the heavens. This sweet angel brought me pair after beautiful pair of the most sumptuous shoes you've ever seen in your life, at least until you walked into Jimmy Choo.. Back to the story. After determining it wasn't going to take much manipulation or arm twisting to talk this customer into making a purchase, my Gucci Girl then rolled out the red carpet. We bonded over silk crepe and wool cashmere. Girls, once you find the right Gucci Girl, she will then disclose to you in the privacy of your own dressing room that the famous and coveted interlocking G's have two big sales every year in June and December. But that's not all. Oh no! She will further disclose that most markdowns get a second markdown within a week. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. I gave her my contact info while she wrote down everything that fit like a glove. She followed up with me a few days after to let me know my boots had shipped (I caved), and that she was also sending me their latest lookbook. Ahh.. I love having a Gucci Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment